Case Study: National Restaurant Chain is served a menu of Distribution Accuracy & Cost Recovery
- Promotional campaign materials are shipped to approx. 400 locations every 1-2 months.
- Due to differences in configuration, demographics, location and ownership, each store receives a different combination & quantity of materials.
- Stores also order marketing, operations, training & HR materials on a regular basis, for which our client needs to recover production, freight & handling costs.
- Promotional Campaigns
- Kit elements were not clearly organized and labeled.
- Many stores received incorrect items and quantities.
- As a result, all elements were not in place by the campaign start date, and our client incurred additional costs to correct the mis-shipments.
- Daily Order Fulfillment
- Charges were not being invoiced to the franchisees or reported to our client on a timely basis, if at all.
- Therefore, costs of production, freight & handling were not being recovered.
- Promotional Campaigns:
- Instead of packing each kit as a custom order, we “version” the kits and pack like kits at the same time, minimizing variation from kit to kit on the production line.
- Extensive “pre-work” is done to logically organize and label kit elements.
- Pre-work assemblies and loose elements are pre-counted to control quantities.
- A detailed Packing List is enclosed with each shipment.
- Daily Order Fulfillment:
- All orders are entered via the web-based Pro-Mail Fulfillment Solution.
- At time of shipment, Pro-Mail captures merchandise cost, handling charges and the actual freight charges billed to client’s FedEx account.
- A customized “Franchisee Billing Statement” is mailed to each franchisee at month end.
- Client manages Accounts Receivable and posts Cash Receipts via the Pro-Mail system.
If you would like a reference from the client described above, please Contact Us